Monday, September 12, 2011

a space between each book. . .

Last week I visited Caroline-she showed me her clean, organized pantry.
"Lovely! Leave the door open for a few days." I said.
I told her about my bookshelf cleaning project-dusting, sorting, giving away, rearranging.
a clean bookshelf is nice. . .you know, a shelf with little spaces between each book. And I love that empty middle shelf. . .
I discovered some treasures and a bunch for the give-away box; Wild Alaska belongs to Josiah, sent from his dear grandmother who filled the title page with a personal letter; she also promised to send him an ample collection of books about Alaska. (I only found one)

So-John started a new school year and I started cleaning the bookshelf-I thought about Psalm 16, "I have set the Lord continually before me, because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken."


I have set the Lord. . .not a person, or vision, or ministry or any good thing. Then day by day my children and grandchildren started back to school, teaching and attending-universtities, high school, elementary, home school. . .in Mexico City my 3 sweet grandchildren began a new school year.


I recalled past school days. . .with a hint of longing. So, I kept cleaning the bookshelf and I prayed for them, for me. . .


I have set the Lord continually before me, because He is at my right hand I will not be shaken. (Ps 16:8)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

were you inspired by Lindsey's cute book shelves? I totally am...but haven't done anything about it yet! And I appreciate the "with a hint of longing" part; it makes me remember that in all the hubbub of homeschooling right now, someday I will miss these days--I want to try to enjoy them more...

Lisa said...

Prayer For a Child's Heart has always been a favorite with us. Order, even in one thing can bring sweetness to our day. Thankyou.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love the reminder it won't be like this forever. I need to treasure it more. I also zoomed in for some book ideas! I will write them down now.
Courtney