Monday, October 3, 2011

assembly required

When you must rip out knitting-and sometimes you must. . . then the yarn looks like ramen noodles-til you knit it up again, or throw it in the trash, or give it to your darling grandson to trot around in his pocket.
So, I've ripped this little boy vest-ripped 3 times and started again with renewed confidence.
One day I was ripping and muttering.
John said,"Knitting--assembly required!"
I kept ripping.
"That's a joke. . .you're suppose to smile." he said.
he makes me smile- and this post is for Rachel, who faithfully rips to create something more beautiful!

3 comments:

Denise said...

:) So glad I am not alone. And please tell John, I thought his joke was very funny.

Rachel said...

yes! here's to frogging, and to being committed to creating beautiful knit items that fit : )

Elizabeth {the Path Less Traveled} said...

his comment after the joke is what made me chuckle - sometimes my John has to remind me also that I was supposed to smile : ) He knows I can take it much too seriously - so glad for a guy who loves to see me smile!