Monday, October 11, 2010

where everything grows. . .

So, I traveled to California like a minimalist (I think I am one of those). . .just a backpack to stuff under the seat-but I wish I'd brought my camera.
My mother's home is alive, surrounded with color and growing things-roses, roses, roses, all blooming-huge hydrangeas hedging the pathway to the front door, pink and white cosmos, borders of nastursiums, yellow, orange, white.
Can you imagine the beauty. . .kind of??
And hidden behind the giant blooming cosmos in the front yard, I discovered 2 tomato plants-my brother picked 15 pounds of ripe tomatoes the day before I arrived.
The Hospice nurse made her first visit to Mom at home, exclaiming to my sister, "There is so much life going on here!"
hmmm, I'm glad she noticed. . .

1 comment:

Denise said...

How wonderful! I didn't really need pictures, your description always bring a lively picture to mind!

I love that the nurse could sense the life going on at your mother's home, that is precious.