Thursday, October 7, 2010

to do the next thing. . .

Sometimes life overwhelms-
then it helps to remember-just do the next thing.
So, Saturday I taught on forgiveness at a woman's meeting (Aye, a subject as deep as the Pacific)-next wedding planning, then dinner.
next I checked the bodice of Rachel's wedding dress (not necessary but a mother-daughter thing, you know.)
and next I went to bed, so I could get up-very early Sunday morning-to fly to California.
And this is the next thing-me in California, with my family, helping with my mother's care. . .
to focus on the next thing hedges in my life-
when my mind is crazy, "What should I do? Where should I be? Who needs me? Will I have strength. . .?"
hmmm, God's grace enables me to just do the next thing-
and I'm so thankful.
(and sometimes the next thing is Earl Grey with milk in a favorite chipped cup-)

1 comment:

Abigail said...

and a digestive biscuit to munch with the tea?
so good to be reminded to be faithful in the now when so many things are crowding in.
I am praying for you as you "do the next thing" these next few days.