Thursday, August 26, 2010

Preparations

We're getting ready for a wedding. . . Brett and Rachel's!

11 years ago I was preparing for Naomi's marriage to Joshua and I remember my struggle with wedding distraction!
Then and now (and the 4 weddings in between) I've been encouraged by Nancy Wilson's perspective on weddings. . .
So, a wedding is like a beautifully decorated doorway into a house, however the doorway is not the house!
The doorway is the entrance. . .the substance is found beyond the doorway in the house- the marriage relationship; keeping this distinction protects me from being distracted or mezmerized by the doorway.
here's to decorating the doorway-beautifully!

Testing the fabric swish

1 comment:

Rachel said...

thank you for this lovely reminder of what we are REALLY planning for (and I am finding that I increasingly need to bring the reminder to mind!)