Monday, August 23, 2010

a glimpse of His goodness. . .

I'm not the greatest photographer- but I love viewing life through the lense of my camera. . .you know, the glimpses of life that freeze a moment, those with a story.
This summer I studied the character of God with a group of women at my church.
hmmm, always a worthy pursuit to view my circumstances through the lense of God's character-and to keep looking through that lense day after day- year after year.
I imagine you're a lot like me-when my circumstances don't appear at all good. . .then I'm tempted to doubt that God is good.
You are good and You do good (Ps 119:68)
"We must never tolerate an instant's unbelief as to the goodness of the Lord: whatever else may be questioned, this is absolutely certain, that Jehovah is good; His dispensations may vary, but His nature is always the same." (Spurgeon)
So, I'm asking the Lord, Help me never tolerate even an instant of unbelief!
And I look through life's lense at glimpses of the obvious-
3 amazing men who love God, who are committed to loving my daughters-
A glimpse of His goodness .
I'm thankful for the reminder-

No comments: