Monday, August 9, 2010

dog days-

Of course, summer is Hot in south Texas-I've lived here 20 years, why would I expect otherwise?
I found this quote-cut it out, pasted it up in the kitchen for our mutual amusement:
What dreadful hot weather we have! It keeps me in a continual state of inelegance. (Jane Austin)
hmmm. . .I admit we're not too concerned with elegance around here- but what a sweet family summer.
John goes back to school on Monday-and I can expect cooler nights, in a month or two.
Spring time-summer-harvest. . . God is faithful like that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What's up with all the Asian talk? Maybe you should consider going private?

Rachel said...

so THAT's the word I've been looking for -- inelegant. A very nice word. I think it was too hot for me to think of it.