Monday, June 28, 2010

overwhelming

Lindsey and Josiah will be married in one month-and thus the reason for a summer full of Newton family. The first time Lindsey came to visit us, John asked, "Lindsey, does our family overwhelm you?"
Lindsey was gracious-however, I admit, we are many- noisey-intense-loquacious (I love my growing family so much!)
after a recent day of family comings and goings, after a bit of confused plans, my sweet girls were out for an evening coffee together. And later, at home, one of them said to me, "Sometmes we overwhelm people and sometimes we even overwhelm ourselves!"
hmmmm-kind of humorous. . .
organization is not my tip top strength-really I'd rather be having conversation over coffee with you-but I can't bless others if I don't commit to some planning. . .doing what I'd rather not inorder to prefer others, to love others-the Savior's model, right?
So- I'm the older woman in this growing family. . . Lord, make me humble, teachable, and more committed to planning this summer.
Already seeing the need and loving me- my girls are making a master list of family arrivals, departures, housing, transportation, outings, meals (maybe 1/2 price Sonic on Tuesdays, yikes!) and the rest-so, that's my wonderful family.
little Josu blowing bubbles at our house in Texas

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I ditto all of the above! We will have fun times, won't we?