Monday, June 7, 2010

one for our girl on Monday

Lovely Rachel (photo by Naomi)
On Mondays I pray for Rachel-seems so appropriate today; in just a few hours, Spain time, our dear girl will defend her thesis at the university in Pamplona-a public defense. . .wish I could be there to drink it in, to listen, to pray, to meet her university friends over coffee, to witness God's faithfulness. . . more than the completed thesis, there's the year of opportunities for Rachel, to form good friendships, to love her classmates, to speak for the King, to live for Him-at the university.
Recently I was at the dentist office-our very kind dentist has cared for our family's teeth for 30 years. On that particular day, the new front desk employee informed me that she had recently met a number of my children (to think that children grow up and make their own dentist appointments!)
So, she said to me, "Are all your children professionals?.. .you must be proud."
Professionals??
Me, proud?
I mumbled something like, "it's not what they DO that matters to me. . . "
mmmmm, her question suprised me-I wish I'd spoken of integrity, of truth seeking-and opened a door to Jesus. . .
So, this morning I'm praying for Rachel, "that God may count you worthy of your calling, and fulfill every desire for goodness. . . in order that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you." (1 Thess 2:11)
And then tomorrow Rachel will catch the 7 AM bus from Pamplona to Bilboa, board a 1 PM flight to Texas. . .and we'll meet her at the airport at midnight, imagine that!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

and boy are we looking forward to it!

Unknown said...

Yes we are! :)