Monday, February 15, 2010

red, brown, blue. . .almost finished

In August, after our long summer trip, I was itching to settle into a home project. Gabrielle and I visited my favorite San Antonio quilt shop, Las Colchas. We were on a misson to choose "boy fabric" for a crib quilt I planned to make for little Landis-due to arrive in September; with quilt fabric, well. . .I'm not very adventurous-but look at the fabric Gabrielle chose! I reclined at the cutting table nodding and hmmming as she selected and arranged the bolts (me feeling and stroking the fabric!). And now after months of stitching, here it is, red-brown-blue, a quilt for our sweet 4 month old.
Hand stitched on the blue border, to Landis~ love gran. . .

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Wow, It's beautiful! :)

Love,
Lydia.

Abigail said...

great fabrics! how fun to go to the quilt shop with Gab to pick them out.

Unknown said...

can't wait, can't wait! Landis already loves those fabrics...he stares at them very seriously on the burp cloths you and Amaleah made, so I can't wait for him to play on it!