Wednesday, May 20, 2009

process or product?

After a lovely 3 week visit, my mom is back home in California and I'm settling into the cadence of my daily routine, reordering my priorities and filling the squares in my little calendar for May, June. . .


And I'm snatching a bit of time each day to stitch on Josiah's quilt. . .for you see, it's been 6 years in the making; you know those projects, the ones which begin with vision . . . The year Josiah graduated from high school- we planned the quilt together, he chose the pattern and colors and I commited to make it. . . . Then 6 years ago our grandchildren started arriving- Josiah's quilt was tucked away and instead I worked on tiny baby quilts.

My son and I engage in cheerful banter about this quilt, Ah, I see, Mom, another baby quilt. . .? I've heard it said that some folks enjoy the process while others enjoy the product, hmmm, process? or product? Each is a worthy pursuit-however I need to commit with more vigor to completing this product!

Making the tiny quilting stitches, I think about Josiah, I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you may know what is the hope of your calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints and what is the surpassing greatness of his power toward us who believe (Eph 1:18-19)

"No man can do me a truer kindness in this world than to pray for me" Spurgeon

1 comment:

Julie West said...

This reminds me of a little pink sweater I started for Lydia to go over a sleeveless dress that we found. She loves the dress but can't wear it without the sweater. I think I'll take that project with me this weekend and pray for her with each stitch! Thanks for the encouragement!