Sunday, May 17, 2009

the family that plays together. . .

I love to watch my children play together.
First it was imaginary play with blocks, bedsheets, and cardboard. . . outdoor play with balls, bats, bicycles, frisbees, kites, running the neighborhood streets together. . . musical play with percussion and strings. . .around-the-table play with board and word games, puzzles, dominoes. .
Now my children are grown up and still playing together-some intense play- occasionally I play too, but mostly I love to watch them together.

Jeremiah and Noah

And some of them are playing together this week- Luke and Gabrielle from Texas, Rachel, Naomi and Joshua from Spain, Abigail and Nathaniel from London, and all our sweet grandchildren together on the coast of France-hmmm, do I wish I was there? perhaps, but really, I'm content thinking about their good times, purposeful conversations and worthy pursuits- together-and this too is part of the afternoon season of life. . . it's all good.
(and they promised pictures)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Three of ours were here for dinner tonight. It is fun to watch them...& the grands together...for the rare times we have in one place.

BTW: The hubs prefers the berries and bananas on oatmeal, too!
I sometimes have it that way for something different. No sugar, no milk...just oatmeal and fruit.
YUM!

Having coffee with you would be such a delight.
!!!
Have a good week.
xo