Tuesday, May 5, 2009

"B" is for blue. . .and blueberry

My mother is visiting from California. Amaleah and Julia call her Gigi (short for Great Grandmother). So, yesterday Julia spent the day with us. Julia is 3 years and Mom is 87 years- imagine the fun. . .library, park, picnic lunch (Julia feeding Gigi blueberries), naps, popscicles, book reading, garden watering.

On the drive home from the park, I heard Julia from the back seat,
Gigi, what's your favorite color?
Blue! said Gigi
Blue? my favorite color is Blue too! said Julia

I struggled to put up the pack-n-play for Julia's nap, I will wake up Gigi and she can put up the pack-n-play! offered my sweet grandaughter.
So, Julia and Gigi napped-hmmm, I have an hour, just an hour to work on the devotional for Thursday. . .

"Psalm 1. . .he will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water which yields fruit in its season. . ."
Yields fruit in it's season. . .today I'm the girl in the middle- Lord, may I bear fruit for you in this season.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Enjoy a wonderful Mother's Day, Darcie....

Unknown said...

Fun times with my girl! It's fun to spend alone time with each of them sometime, isn't it?