Tuesday, March 31, 2009

the best of spring

Naomi wrote (here) about the delight of porch dinning as spring comes to Pamplona.. . . hmmm, I like porch dining too, however here at 2305 we don't have a porch.

So, this week I'm watching the Wisteria which grows over my bedroom window; every year as spring dawns, I wonder, "will it recover? is there wick in those dead looking branches?" Watching the leaves sprout on that Wisteria vine each spring delights my heart. . . and I remember that spring doesn't last long in south Texas.

Spring is full of the best. . . and one of the best of spring 2009 is the Bible study that's started up in our home this month. We meet every week, 16-19 of us-adults, youth, children. It's good to be together, sharing our lives, sharing the Savior; this week we plan to eat dinner together . . . .I love to see our dining room table crowded -the kind of dining that delights my heart.

1 comment:

Naomi Smith said...

oh man . . . I would love to be around that table with you all!
or you guys could meet over here . . . my porch table seats a cozy 14!