Friday, March 27, 2009

early morning blessing

This morning I was reading Proverbs 27. . . my mind was distracted by a pleasant memory-does that ever happen to you while reading God's Word?

He who blesses his friend with a loud voice early in the morning, it will be reckoned as a curse to him (Prov27:14). . .John's frequent reminder to our rowdy bunch as they were growing up in our home. The memory amuses me, since my cheerful husband has a big voice-he's like Tigger early in the morning. . .just too bouncy for my preference.

So, Jeremiah is spending a few weeks with us this month, occupying his upstairs bedroom.Yesterday he commented, Mom, you were up really early this morning!

Really? me, early? how do you know?

Well, the neighbor's rooster woke me up, so I looked out the window; you were in the garden. . .

Now when our children come home to visit, they remind us of Proverbs 27:14; usually it has to do with that rooster, but sometimes it has to do with John and me (afterall, I make a lot of clamor in the garden). . .hmmm, life's changes are amusing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Man, I think that must have been the same day you came over to babysit, at 8:30 am, bearing blueberry muffins that you threw together that morning...