Saturday, January 17, 2009

knitting a wee hat on double points. . .

So, I've knit lots of baby hats-it's fun and quick and there's always room for a hat project in my book bag. However, this week, I've been creating the tiniest hat ever, knit on double pointed needles, using sock yarn. . .this one is intended for Kate and David's wee boy, Aaron, who was born last week weighting 1 pound 15 ounces. Imagine that?
Gazing on Aaron in the NICU, I could only marvel at the God of All Creation- Aaron is fearfully and wonderfully made. . .

Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. (Psalm 139: 16)

. . . so today I'm thinking how all the experiences of Aaron's life were written by God before he was even born, weighing a fragile two pounds-hmmm, every day, every experience, and it's the same for me, for each of us. . .

"Ascribe to the Lord the glory due His name" (Psalm 97)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm praying for you and Aaron today, as I think about how "every day, every experience" in your lives were written by God before you were born!