Saturday, January 31, 2015

living His story. . . still

Seek the things that are above where Christ is. . . Set your mind on the things above-

We're cozy inside again today, watching from the window-  snow swirls, brave souls step out on icy streets. I'll mix up a pot of soup from the bits and pieces in the fridge- reminds me of my life in rural Mexico, sort of. . .

But one day this week Ivan and I crunched through the snow to the library and arrived just in time for  story hour. Ahh, how I love a good story, the picture books that tell a real story with lovely words and images, like The Gardener and The Friend by Sarah Stewart. But Ivan is 2- those stories wait in the wings.

This week in Texas John completed his last day of school, the last day in the same school for the last 24 years. I called him at 4:00 and he was still there, inputting grades, hugging kids- I could hear the hum of school life. Yesterday morning he turned in his keys, badge, final paperwork. He called me,

"I walked through the gym and the kids ran up, Mr. Newton, can I go to the bathroom?"

"I'm not the teacher anymore. . . you have to ask Coach B!"

 A chapter closed . . . sounds rather dramatic!
I know my husband- he'll remind me about our King Jesus and his grand eternal story. And we'll tell each other, "We're still a part- still living His story!"

Since you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above where Christ is. . . Set your mind on the things above. . .for your life is hidden with Christ in God. (Colossians 3: 1-4)


2 comments:

Dawn said...

And now you step forward into a new chapter.

naomi said...

yeaaaah! I'm pretty sure your new chapter includes lots of visits to Mexico! :) congratulations Papi!