Saturday, February 1, 2014

working on gratitude

 Lately I've been thinking a lot about gratitude (and ingratitude). So, what does God-centered gratitude look like?  I'm peering hard into my heart. . .where gratitude is sporadic, informed by circumstances. Ugg.

 So- to start, gratitude is a lot about what I choose to see, like. . .when I visit my Tennessee family in January, I drape my towel over the warm radiator before a shower-
And in the pale morning, I  awake to rhythm, click, click, click as my son guides his bicycle out the door to work . . .I see small evidences of God's grace to me.

Then there's little G. . . I'm a long distance grandmother but I think she likes me. we bake cupcakes, mold play dough, read books, snuggle her wee brother. She calls him "Fort baby".

I see huge evidences of God's grace to me and. . . With my mouth I will give thanks abundantly to the Lord and in the midst of many I will praise him. (Ps 109)


Fortlage Thomas

"Seek to cultivate a buoyant, joyous sense of the crowded kindness of God in your daily life"
Alexander Maclaren

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Darcie!! I got your sweet Christmas card! I am so sorry I am terrible about keeping in touch. I have good intentions and I don't follow through!! :0P. In any case I wanted to pass on the link to my blog. I am not very good at keeping it updated. Seems like my average is about one post a month. But I am glad to have it (and your blog too!) to keep in touch with dear friends! Here is the link:

http://chaosandadventure.blogspot.com/?m=1

I miss you! Congratulations on all your new little darling grand babies!