Monday, January 20, 2014

one mitten


Tomorrow I'll fly to Tennessee to meet the new baby. . . I've packed one mitten in my backpack
 for his big  sister. 
Today I showed off the mitten to the grandchildren who live here.
"Does she only need one mitten?" 
"Oh no, she needs two! Perhaps I'll knit up the mate during my airport wait." I answered.

Then we'll see if they fit -my first attempt at tiny mittens.

Really, though, I can't wait to cuddle the wee boy. . .can't wait to squeeze 2 year old hands.


3 comments:

dre said...

worlds cutest mitten- you've won the award my friend! Love and miss you- having dinner with Tippey clan hopefully next week. Wish you'd be there ;)

Dawn said...

By now, you have squeezed the livin' daylights out of those littles of yours.
:)
I really need to learn to knit.
You inspire me, Darcie.
xo

Julie said...

Darling mitten! Knitting is such a mystery to me, and I'm in awe of those who make things that way. Nicely, nicely done!.....Hi, I'm Julie, visiting your pretty blog for the first time via Dawn's blog. :)