Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Quiet echoes here. . .2014

On Saturday sweet Evelyn turned 2 and we went to the zoo- a great family crowd.
She waved her leaf banner and the zebras swayed,  Happy Birthday, dear Evey, Happy birthday to you!


Then the great family went home. . .except for John and me.
(18 people, big and little, slept at our house Christmas night-and no, we don't have 18 beds,
but it worked and we laughed a lot.)

Quiet echoes here- the first day of a new year.

I discovered old journals wedged between shelves of dusty notebooks. I'm reading through one
from 1998. 16 years ago I filled journal pages with verses reminding me of  God's loving kindness- for me.

Though He brings grief, He will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love. (Lam 3:32)

The mountains may be removed and the hills may shake, but my loving kindness will never be removed from you. (Is 54:10)

still true

In January 1998 I copied a quote to remember. . .
"Relying on God has to begin all over again, day after day, as if nothing yet had been done." (C.S. Lewis)

still true 

So today, January 1, 2014, I'm relying on Jesus again, remembering his loving kindness for me, again.
It's a good day to remember.

No comments: