Friday, August 10, 2012

Mexico. . .

So, John and I spent 2 weeks in Mexico-and yesterday we came home.
We visited Joshua and Naomi and our grandchildren in Mexico City, experienced their very present life in a mega city. And we spent 5 days in provincial villages, visiting places and people from our past-people we hadn't seen in 20 years. . .they didn't know we were coming.
 I'm at home, thinking and sorting the experiences, the unexpecteds, the emotions. . .quite amazing, really.
More later. . .

5 comments:

Abigail said...

welcome home! cant wait to hear about your adventures and reflections on the trip.

Tom n Teri said...

Is that the house you lived in?

Rachel said...

what a lovely picture of you two! Was it taken in Cuautempan? I'm looking forward to hearing more about these experiences...

Tom n Teri said...

This is Tom. No, that can't be Cuautempan, there's no corn surrounding the house, and I can't hear the donkey braying 2 feet away from the window, and if it were Cuautempan Darci and John would be wearing hip waders w/ cleats on the bottom to protect themselves from the killer mud slick in the front yard! (All of these are fond memories I have of my first visit to a foreign country 30 years ago.)

Denise said...

So glad that you are back! I can't wait to hear all about your summer adventures! And I absolutely adore the picture of you and John!