Friday, August 17, 2012

city excursion

The Smith's new apartment has big windows with a city view, huge windows-
The guest room is lovely, the bed, sheets and pillows perfect--you should visit some time. (the children are surprisingly quiet at dawn.)
It's an apartment in progress. . . we experienced the renovation, the good and the bad; now I think their apartment is a wee bit mine too.
One afternoon Naomi and I  made our way downtown to the fabric district, boarding the section of the metro reserved for women and children.  We squeezed our way off and stepped into a mass of humanity and for a minute I lost Naomi in the mass; she stopped to check the metro map but I didn't hear her call. . . me, alone in the mass-but only for a minute.
in and out of shops, we measured, touched, discussed fabric and window covering and finally purchased a lovely grey piece for this window-and then we returned home on the metro.


No comments: