Monday, June 4, 2012

in and out. . .

They're in and out of my life these days--my adult children and their children. . .
We played, worked, talked, and ate a lot of good food together last week; I'm getting better at listening, at holding unfinished thoughts and letting go of interrupted conversations. 
Naomi told us about good friends in Mexico City, "I hope God keeps them in our lives for a long time."
I know the feeling. . .
Naomi was the last one to leave town, and before I took her to the airport, we sat together on the high stools in Gabrielle's sunny kitchen; she made Spanish coffee.  
She showed me the amazing grid of the Mexico City metro; we tweaked this and that on my blog and talked about camera aperture.  Aye, technology! my brain takes in only so much.
Then it was time to go--it seems that after they exit, unfinished conversations hover. . .

4 comments:

naomi said...

oh yes . . . those unfinished conversations . . . {sigh}

AND - I will work on your blog this week!

Denise said...

I am glad to know what all the Newtons have been up to... I was starting to be sad with all the quiet blogs. I am happy to know you were all together and having too much fun to blog! Now I will wait and hope that some of those very inspiring dangling conversations wash out onto each of your blogs, to spur the rest of us on to love and good deeds. :)

menewton said...

i think Denise wins the award for most faithful newton-blog-commentor. she amazes me!

Unknown said...

nice to have faithful friends. and the picture is bringing me such a big smile to my face...it looks like I'm putting a helmet on my little girl!