Tuesday, June 26, 2012

a well tended garden

We're on the road, headed to New York, Ohio, Tennessee, to visit those we love. . .and more.
Last month I surveyed my tangled and unkempt garden and concluded that inorder to have a thriving garden, a woman must stay home.
So- thinking about our summer plans, a 4 week road trip in the States followed by 2 weeks in Mexico City, I planted a tiny succulent garden in a green dish-succulents just may thrive untended.
Then I thought of the sweet relationships that I will renew and tend this summer. . .and then the ones left behind in south Texas. 
Friday night I shared with the girls in our our community group-I miss you when I'm away-and I pray for you. . .
Now, don't forget me!


5 comments:

naomi said...

it's beautiful, mom! I like that green pot . . .

can't wait for you to tend THIS relationship! :)

Denise said...

I will be praying for you and John as you travel. I look forward to hearing of all your stories collected in the coming weeks. And when you get back maybe we can do coffee?!?!?

Dre said...

I miss you while you're away, and I can't wait to see you again! :)))) and I hope you don't forget me. ;) yours and Johns picture is on my dashboard in my car :) haha.

Unknown said...

note to self--water darcie's cute succulents that are sitting on my front porch...and the ivy...and the dog...ha!

Michigan Kate said...

Like we could forget you! You (and John) are too dear to our hearts! We are happy that you get to visit with your family, but we await your return : )