Tuesday, June 19, 2012

to honor Him. . .

On Mondays I survey the horizon of my week and usually there are  pursuits that seem more pleasant. . . others not so pleasant, more like obligations; I may say in my heart, "I wish my husband would do that one!" . . .not because I can't do it, but I'd just rather not.
Last week I sat in my white armchair, correspondence and anticipated reading on one side, a volcano of papers from an emptied file drawer on the other side-the great divide!
Really, I just need to buck up and do this-it's a small matter; dread overwhelmed me, dread that I'd waited too long to accomplish the business chore at hand.
I needed tenacious resolve. . .but I needed more-
I have set the Lord continually before me, because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. (vs 8)

Lord, here I am, shaken. . . I don't know how to honor you.
over and over I set the Lord before me- and always, He is faithful.


1 comment:

Vicki said...

Dear Darcie,
On one hand I too feel shaken; I don't know how to proceed in several areas.
On another, however--and I'm sure this is the same for you--I know, know, know that I stand forgiven and in Christ, and in the palm of the Father's hand I won't be shaken.
I certainly don't know how to proceed, and I guess I need to follow Jehoshophat's example, "[my] eyes are on You."