Wednesday, May 23, 2012

worthy pursuit

When my girls narrate their lives to me, sometimes I say, "That would make a worthy blog post."
Mercy gave me the same prompt about this little story. . .
The day following Ivan's birth, Rachel and I met Jen, a lactation consultant at the hospital-she dropped by to visit with Rachel about all things postpartum.
Our conversation  moved to spiritual things, "I've been watching. . .I could tell that you love Jesus." she said.
 Jen shared how she's been studying the Bible, "You know, God's Word changes you. . .I don't know why I'm emotional, you're the one who just had a baby!" 
I know, it's true-God's Word changes you. . .and God is so good to remind me, time after time, in the most obscure places (like hospital rooms), through acquaintances and new friends. . .He knows me--that I need the reminder.
Ahh, Lord, give me a greater passion for your Word. . .

The Word of God is living and active and sharper than any two edged sword. . .able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. (Heb 4:12)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a blessing of a conversation. which reminds me, the other day we did say, almost at the same time, "that would be a good blog post." and now I can't remember what we were talking about!