Thursday, May 10, 2012

good visit

 Dre came for a visit last week-I cooked and she washed up every dish; Brett made fresh pasta, Rachel rested. . .
 Dre and I explored Main Street - a used book store and good coffee; we browsed a consignment shop and she bought great boots, red leather, texas style. "People in Ohio don't wear boots," she said.  (if I wore texas boots, I would have bought this pair for sure. . .)
And of course we cuddled Ivan.


In the evenings over coffee and chocolate, we talked Big Topics-like church, work, relationships,discipline, forgiveness, Jesus is enough, life purpose. . .
"How do you get motivated?" she asked.
"You get out of bed in the morning." answered Brett.
(hmm, that's good, I thought)
And after Ivan's late night feeding, Dre and I balanced perfectly on the blow up mattress in the living room. We talked small topics too, and I'm sure I fell asleep mid sentence.
 Showing love can mean driving extra miles to visit a friend. . .

1 comment:

Dre said...

aw. :) i love you Darc! it was a pleasure spending time with you and the Tippeys and that sweet new granbaby!