Saturday, March 3, 2012

to sketch and talk. . .

My husband has been teaching for 22 years in our neighborhood public school. Recently we sat together while he graded a pile of test papers.
"I'd give this one an extra point for really neat handwriting," I told him.
John teaches his public school kids about the systems of the human body with a clever turtle diagram-he thought it up.
That's my creative husband- always sketching his ideas. (I talk ideas)
And he tells the children, "This couldn't just happen by chance- our bodies were designed by a Creator!"
Last week he spent 2 days reading standardized test questions in Spanish to Luis-2 days with one little guy. Luis worked away on the test and John sketched his profile.
"Mr. Newton! that's me- that's my ear with my big hearing aide!"

And one day last week my husband shared gospel truth with his co-workers, really amazing; they asked the question. We've been praying for opportunities.
Longevity in a place can be good or bad depending. . .well, depending on what we sketch.

1 comment:

Denise said...

What an encouragement! And I love that he sketches... just like his maps. I would love to have him show my kids the turtle diagram!