Tuesday, March 27, 2012

His perfect plan

Here's our sweet Adalyn. . .she wears her bicycle helmet even when she's not riding in the bike trailer behind her dad. That's our family.
So, last week I made a short rode trip to north Texas to visit them. I'd planned to stop half way to see my friend Julie; sometime I can squeeze 2 or even 3 visits into a single trip.
I'd planned to take Julie's daughters, Lydia and Anna, with me to visit the family, to have an overnight, to play with the little girls and Jamey-we'd been making plans for a long time. . .
But plans changed.
I've lived a long time. . . but I still wrestle disappointment when my plans are thwarted, even though I practice remembering that God is in control. (I guess after 6 decades I still want to be in control.)
But on my drive home I did visit Julie- in the hospital, expected though unexpected.
I simply exited the interstate into the hospital parking lot, imagine that?
I sat on the edge of the bed with my sweet friend and heard snippets of the account of her baby boy's birth just hours before.
Then I got to go into the NICU-to gaze at him, to wonder at birth and life.
Remember, heart, God's plans are perfect- always.

2 comments:

naomi said...

oh! you got to be there with Julie? I'm so glad!

Denise said...

How wonderful! New life! I will be praying for your friend and her new, delicate babe.