Friday, February 10, 2012

I stepped off the train in Fort Worth and spotted this little lady trotting down the platform -train travel is one of the pleasures of this season of my life.
There's something old world about the train. . .spacious seats, rumbling monotony, the observation car, scenery flying past, the other passengers traveling slowly- like me, and the conductor, McGregor. . .McGregor, Texas! he calls. Some day I might eat in the dining car just to experience a meal served on little tables covered with white cloths, and the train speeds on. . .
Noah and Jamey invited me to spend the week. We laughed and talked a lot and every night I bathed the girls.
People: I met neighbors, heard about their lives. I met young moms at the park, over lunch, at library story hour; I got a little jolt, remembering what it's like to parent 2 under 2 years.
Pastries: Jamey and I laugh that if she ever opens a bakery, I'll work for her! So we baked, gave away, stored. . .banana bread, muffins with lemon glaze, blueberry scones.
One thin slice of a morning the girls slept- and over coffee and pastry we discussed life, how self talk affects our responses, our life perspective, our emotions.
"If I'm not talking truth to my heart, I have to change the talk- and move on." she said.

hmmm, a good week, all the way around. . .

1 comment:

Dawn said...

What a dear photo......
*sigh*