Monday, April 11, 2011

about waiting. . .

Last week Dian and I wandered the museum grounds.

I wonder about this girl. . ."Ah, Til we have Faces," said my literary friend. I like an artist to give some context to his piece, like a label-

this girl only has a name, Victoria-and her story?


hmm, a girl made of stainless steel- I like her neck, the curve of her mouth, her round, smooth hair.


And I think she is waiting. . .


This week I"ve been thinking, reading, praying about waiting. So, waiting is a kin to being caught in the middle of something- caught in the middle. . . hmm, I was meant to live for something bigger than myself, bigger than my relationsships, situations, locations; I'm part of God's kingdom, and while I wait, He's crafting me. . .


Wait for the Lord, be strong and let your heart take courage, wait for the Lord! (Ps 27:14)


"There are times when waiting is painful, impossible. . .but we wait because the world is carefully administered by the one Person who is ultimate in power, ulitmate in authority, ultimate in wisdom, ultimate in love. I am being asked to wait by One I can trust." (Paul Tripp)


And I can rest. . .He's doing good in me, even though at this moment it feels as if I have been caught in the middle.

thankful for grace.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

aaahhh, and to live while we wait, that is the challenge, isn't it?

(I say, as I also wait...stuck between wanting to wait well, and wanting the waiting to be over)

p.s. looks like you got the formatting worked out!

Unknown said...

yes, thank you.

Heather Pelczar said...

"waiting well" that is something I am trying to teach my daughter and finsing int he process how awful I am at it. To live while we wait well!