Monday, May 10, 2010

scraps of paper, scraps of life. . .

Everybody has quirks, you know. . .
I write my thoughts randomly on scraps of paper, even already printed scraps-scraps scattered everywhere. . .
the other day, while reading on the internet, I scribbled: For in Him all the fullness of God dwells in bodily form!-scrawled large in red pen-across the order for my husband's colonoscopy, Sigh
(honest, I really did!)
And eventually, I gather the multiplying scraps into a neat pile-and begin to record the gems in some orderly fashion.
A torn scrap tucked in my Bible catches my eye:
The Lord formed us for Himself, to declare His praise! (why did He make me?)Lord, just to think. . . you created me for Yourself, for your pleasure (Isaiah 43: 7, 21).
Last week I talked to Abigail on skype; she and Nathaniel had been working in their little front garden and a woman from the neighborhood strolled by with her wee one in a carriage.
she stopped to chat-Abi knows her from the weekly outreach to mothers and children at Christ Church, Bromley.
So, the neighbor presented her newborne and invited Abi for tea.
"She invited me to her home, shared a bit of her personal life-a good beginning. . .but it's just a small thing", said my girl.
And I said, "indeed, it's a small thing, but not only that. . ."
-a scrap of life, and in my humble opinion, these are the mundane things which one by one, piled together, reveal the purpose for which we were created. . .for Him, for His pleasure
"The people whom I formed for Myself, will declare My praise" (Isaiah 43:21)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I always appreciate your thoughts that you post.
Thanks.