Thursday, May 13, 2010

a good vinaigrette

on Monday, for my dear house guests, I made a new recipe for dinner (do you ever do that? new recipe for company?) -one from a favorite cooking magazine with all the best ingredients: couscous, asparagus, chicken, lemon juice. . .
the dish was fine- maybe next time I'll tweek it just a bit, however, the best part of the meal was the salad- lettuce and radishes from the garden. . .and I dressed the salad with Naomi's Vinaigrette.
And later we ate leftovers, the main dish, cold with the vinaigrette-yu-um
Naomi's Vinagrette
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup vinegar (1/2 balsamic)
1/4 tsp sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1-2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp pepper
3/4 tsp worchester sauce
2 tsp dijon mustard
pressed garlic
3/4 cup good olive oil, emulsified with whisk
mix all the ingredients in a bowl except for the olive oil; then add the oil in a slow steady stream, whisking continually until the oil is emulsified (or using the food processor, slowly pour in oil while machine is running.)
Enjoy!

3 comments:

Abigail said...

mom - you are so high tech...'if you are using the food processor'...
love it.

Rachel said...

this is Naomi's recipe? and it has worcester sauce? hmmm. it doesn't sound familiar. Is this a variation of her french dressing? which, by the way, is a dressing i LOVElovelove, and a recipe she gave me right before she left.

Naomi, we need your help!!

Naomi Smith said...

yeah! I'm glad you used it - - Rachel this one precedes the french dressing, and is a bit more complicated, so I don't make it as often .. . but I should make it again soon!