Friday, December 25, 2009

family in Memphis

It was an orange on orange occasion for Josiah- orange tie, orange hood for graduation from the University of Tennessee, Memphis. John and I were there in person, back row seats, in the balcony-So memorable!
I'm remembering a year ago July when we drove through Memphis on our summer road trip; Josiah had just moved there to begin nursing school at UT-lots of challenges, lots of unknowns for him. . .and I told myself:
"Young lions do lack and suffer hunger but those who seek the Lord will not be in want of any good thing".
I repeated it -I've discovered that repetition of truth is good for the soul-especially when it involves mothering.
And there were crooks. . . "Consider what God has done: Who can straighten what He has made crooked?" (Ecc 11:13) God brought some "crooked" events into Josiah's life (3 different addresses in 18 months!-how can a mother send cookies?) Could I trust God with the crooks even if I didn't understand? Could I trust God even if He chose not to straighten the crooks for Josiah?
Of course, I must-not that I'm that great at trusting, but I'm yearning. . ."Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!" (Rom 11:33)

Nursing school is behind Josiah-he has a job in Memphis.
he has a church family in Memphis, a place to worship and serve God, and soon he'll have a wife- in July he'll marry Lindsey who he met at church in Memphis.
life doesn't get much sweeter . . .

3 comments:

Amy Medina said...

Darcie, I have been reading your blog because I have known Naomi, Rachel, Abi, and Josiah through FCC and EFCA. I have often wondered about the mother to so many fabulous children! I really appreciate your wise words. What a joy to read this post and to see God's work in Josiah's life!

Pedro Garcia Millan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Meredith said...

So exciting! Give my congrats to them!