Thursday, December 24, 2009

off to Spain on Christmas Eve

It's Christmas Eve and Jeremiah and Mercy are off to visit their siblings in Spain and England. Ah, how I love these two, my youngest! I'm thinking about them right now, flying over the ocean-their first trip out of the United States. . .
You can't go anywhere without your passports-don't loose them! I said.
family gifts and requested items are stuffed in the mamouth pink bag-things like: corn husks, dried chilies-ancho, guajillo, chipotle-(guess what the girls have planned!)
Don't forget to pick up the suitcase in Madrid and recheck to Bilboa. . .I said.
Jeremiah has his handy sound proof headphones - he brought a pair for Mercy in his pocket-hmmm, kind brother. . .
Remember to be very kind to any tired parents with cranky children on your flights, I said.
We pulled up to the airport curb and John asked if they wanted us to just drop them off and be on our way? . . .I think they knew we wanted to be there, to wave. . .
so we prayed with our youngest -
Remember, kids, (remember heart) the Lord controls every detail of your journey!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I miss these two!

Meredith said...

Such a cute picture! I LOVE Mercy's hair!