Thursday, December 10, 2009

the things they teach me. . .

She said, "Here's the hard part-if I had already learned God's lessons in my own life, then I could teach my children. . ."
Ah, I know all about it- if only I had conquered impatience. . .Me, always patient, perfectly patient, then I could teach it, perfectly model it. . .
but I battle my flesh every day-I'm humble, weak -this is why I need a Savior!

We were together over coffee-and a young woman requested prayer. . .would I pray she would have courage to call a relative, to ask forgiveness for her angry words in the past?
"Of course, and what prompts you to call?" I asked her.
"I want a clean conscience before the Lord," she said.
Simply a clean conscience-to bring God glory, Imagine that!
Over coffee with another woman, we talked about trusting God, Psalm 76- about how the children of Israel distrusted God in the wilderness, and "His anger mounted because they did not believe."
"Look here in Hebrews 3, what God says about unbelief- an unbelieving heart is an evil heart!" she said.
hmmm, Good reminder, I thought.
From my meetings this week, another young woman faces a difficult providence, declaring to me God's goodness . . .yet another is stepping out in faith into realms unfamiliar to me-she's excited, I'm trembling a bit for her. . .
They teach me so much, these dear women; God is working in their lives, and I get to observe the changes.
Then I wonder and worship the King.

1 comment:

Alicia Rae said...

Thank you for your encouragement.