Monday, November 9, 2009

everybody's older than somebody. . .

Having thus a fond affection for you, we were well-pleased to impart to you not only the gospel of God but also our own lives, because you had become very dear to us. (1Thess 2:8-9)

hmmm. . .I'm thinking about our Titus 2 fellowship last Thursday, and the panel on discipleship-Everybody's older than somebody (or don't wait til you're 40 or 50 to disciple a younger woman!)
Panel presentations included: discipleship basics, initiating discipleship, diversity in discipleship, resources for discipleship-all so good and challenging.
And me? well, I talked about practical stuff-Three 'A's of discipleship, attitude, available, ask/answer. . .(material for a future post, perhaps?) I'm just grateful for the opportunity to participate-to talk about what I love doing!

Then on Friday I drove to Lubbock to visit Mercy at Texas Tech (hmmm, sweet memories of sleeping in college beds with Rachel, Naomi, Abigail) and I met Meredith-I'd heard so much about her. . .Meredith meets Mercy for coffee on Saturday mornings- and lots more; there's no doubt that Meredith has a fond affection for Mercy, imparts not only gospel truth, but her own life- no doubt that my daughter is very dear to her-and I thank the Lord for Meredith. . .and for the reminder that everybody's older than somebody.

2 comments:

Amber Smith said...

I am a friend of Gabrielle's and found your blog through hers. PLEASE do post on your discussion of discipleship. I am very interested to hear what you have to say! Thank you! I enjoy reading your bits of wisdom.

Naomi Smith said...

thank you Meredith!

(and yes, mom, please do post your discussion on discipleship!)