Wednesday, November 12, 2008

sharing worthy pursuits. . .

In The Pilgrim's Progress, Christian enjoyed sweet fellowship with his companions, Faithful and Hopeful, as they journeyed together on the path to the celestial city. . . I love the part where they share pleasant discourse along the way.


So. . .last week my friend, Pam, came from California to visit me; she's one of those companions-we share pleasant discourse. . .and worthy pursuits. We've been friends for a long time-more than 30 years.

So. . .last week Pam and I walked along the San Antonio River, shared recipes and knitting patterns, shopped for yarn (we both knit for grandchildren!)- over coffee (& tea) we read Spurgeon's Morning and Evening, discussed ministry; we prayed and opened God's Word together. . .

Through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God (Acts 14:22)-Hmmm. . . the journey's hard, and isn't it good beyond words to have a friend's encouragement to taste and see that the Lord is good, how blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him (Ps 34:8)

And Pam-well, she knit me a lovely blue scarf, not just any blue . . . for at our age, bright is good!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Darcie...
You have me curious to see your lovely BRIGHT blue scarf knitted by your dear friend.
Perhaps a blog post?
I'll be watching...
Enjoy this day..and hug my kids if you see them.

The Thomas Troops said...

Dear Darcie,

I think this blog should be titled "A Dose of Darcie". Now we know any good dose that you lovingly give out is really just Jesus, but I still like the title as that is exactly what I thought to myself as I was bringing up your blog tonight.

Thank you for your fourth paragraph...refreshing to my tired weary heart. Ed's in Japan this week and heart issues just seem to be flying everywhere. I need to feel grateful, and I really am, God refining and working in my children, but at this moment, I'm just tired.

Thank you for taking the time to write out blessings for me...
Love in Christ,
Dinah

Kelly said...

What a true treasure it is to have not simply friends who walk with us along lifes road, but to have companions whom we can interact with on a deeper level of fellowship. Those friendships, are often, few and far between, when someone is willing to talk below the surface. I have always appreciated this about your friendship -- the many worthy discourses we've shared!