Tuesday, November 11, 2008

the eye of the Lord. . .

Last night Jeremiah called-he's moving to Colorado. . . he said yes to a good job offer. For the past six months Jeremiah's been living with his brother and sister-in-law in Dallas-a good home and loving family. . .

So, first Jeremiah talked to John about the new job and the big move; then he and I chatted- he admitted that he's nervous, moving so far away from family and familiar; I told him that he's like one of those three little pigs who went off to seek his fortune in the big world. . . .(and that mothers also feel both excited and a little nervous when their children step out!)

This morning I was praying for Jeremiah, remembering Psalm 32:8. . . beginning in 1998 I have five of my children's names penned around this verse in my worn Bible, and so I added Jeremiah 2008.

God says to me and to Jeremiah today, "I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you."

4 comments:

Elizabeth {the Path Less Traveled} said...

So wonderful about Jerimiah ... When does he move? I'll be keeping him in prayer as he adjusts and settles in. =D

Rachel said...

another reason I love your blog? it keeps me up-to-date with my lovely family and it motivates me to e-mail them : )

Unknown said...

I've always loved that verse. How cool that you pray it for your children!

Kelly said...

What a blessed picture of the watch care and love demonstarted to us by our heavenly Father --- His counsel given with His eye upon us!!