Friday, September 19, 2008

my boy and his bicycles


On July 1st Josiah moved to Memphis, Tennessee; his car was stuffed with things that make a boy's life comfortable-clothes, books, dishes, bedding, a few pots, a large box of granola bars and foremost, two bicycles latched onto the roof of his Honda; enrollment at UT was certain, however alot of life details were uncertain-job? church? financial aide? apartment? furniture-including a bed? I've discovered that it comforts my mothers heart to know that each of my children has a place to lay his head--and through the Jackson's Aunt Susan, the Lord provided a place for Josiah, a bed and a safe corner for his bicycles for as long as needed.

I can't say that life was instantly smooth for Josiah. There seemed to be a muriad of twisty complications, a succession of uncertainties. Sometimes I'm tempted to grow anxious, tempted towards unbelief . . . and it's always God's Word that speaks truth to my wandering heart. Psalm 34:10 encourages me: Young lions do lack and suffer hunger, but those who seek the Lord will not be in want of any good thing.

Last month John and I were driving through Memphis and we spent the night with Josiah in his new apartment (well, it's a very old apartment but new to him). He has a couch and an air mattress-a place to lay his head-and plenty of space for his books and bicycles.
Remember son, remember soul, seek the Lord and you will not be in want of any good thing.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that verse! I have been encouraged by it many times. I think your desires about Josiah are shared by many moms ( I know this for I just picked up my exhausted parents as they returned from moving their boy:) )

Michigan Kate said...

Yea! You're blogging now!

Abigail said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn said...

I so understand your mother's heart.
I felt many things when our youngest ones went off to serve in the AF.
You know the rest of that story.
:)

Mrs. Nichole J. said...

Your such an encouragement to me!

I hope to get together with you soon! I'm recovering from the last week and a half with a nice cold... urgh! But it was good :-)

I have pics up of my cute lil nephew!!!!!!!!! I miss him already!