Sunday, March 2, 2014

one about boys

I remind my friend. . .God forms our families- he adds girls and boys in different combinations, arranging the sibling order. He always does what is best.

God is giving by friend a son; I think of words that describe boys, like loud and fast. . .and dirt.
I tell her that after birth when she cradles that tiny boy in her arms, she will say, "My son".
And then she will imagine her tiny son as a grown man, "What will he be like?"

In Proverbs a king addresses his son. . . "Hear, my son, your father's instruction and do not forsake your mother's teaching. . .Listen, my son, and be wise and direct your heart in the way."
 I share Proverbs 23: 15-16 with my friend, truth spoken countless times in my heart-
"My son, if your heart is wise, my heart also will be glad and my innermost being will rejoice when your lips speak what is right."

My son's heart is wise when he fears the Lord, his lips speak what is right when truth and integrity reside in his heart- hmm, I love and pray those words.

 Then I share a secret with my sweet friend who is just beginning to walk with God-
Friend, obey the King, make his name great and ultimately. . . trust your son to the Lord.
It's like the old song says,"Trust and obey, for there's no other way. . ."

 (some of my boys)

1 comment:

Dawn said...

…and they are men sooner than we can imagine….