Tuesday, March 4, 2014

while visiting the northlands. . .


 I traveled all day and arrived in New York- the predicted low was -3 degrees.
And last night I crawled under a pile of blankets and discovered a hot spot-
 a warm bean bag tucked in the layers. . . it's northern hospitality.
(Like when we offer ice tea on a sweltering Texas day)

This afternoon we hiked up the hill to Lucinda's house for tea; little Florence face planted in the 
hard snow. So Abi carried the wailing girl and I carried the boy who cried for his mother. 
I like how the snow crunches with each step.

expectantly, we wait for baby. . .





2 comments:

naomi said...

well, mom, your camera worked well enough to give this lovely photo!

Dawn said...

Oh wow….so your daughter expects another…Good news! You are bypassing me, friend. We expect two this spring. Enjoy the northlands! You now understand the winter we have had.
Brrr….