Monday, May 27, 2013

transparency and caution

Every time I read Psalm 73, I yearn to say. . .

Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing that I desire on earth besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

 But sometimes I find my reality here. . .

But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled, my steps had almost slipped, for I was envious. . .


Once a month, on Sunday evening,  the women from our Friday night Bible study meet at a local coffee place. I love these women-I'm the oldest in the group, the oldest by far.
Last week I shared with them how I find myself in Psalm 73. . .my struggles and doubts, my  repentance, worship, truth seeking, my beautiful Savior-
I told them that as someone old. . .I want to be transparent yet cautious.

If I had said, "I will speak thus," I would have betrayed the generation of your children. (Ps 73:15)
(so the psalmist didn't speak. . )

transparency with caution is wisdom, I think.
Heart, pursue wisdom. . .




1 comment:

Denise said...

I love this, Darcie, thank you for sharing it. Transparency with caution does take great wisdom, but it will also be a great encouragement. Those younger women at coffee will be richly blessed.