Sunday, May 19, 2013

empty spaces


Sometimes I choose train travel; really, there's so much I like about the train, especially the empty spaces when time hovers. . .
 A few weeks ago I traveled to visit Noah and Josiah and their families, by Amtrak train to Fort Worth and by Megabus to Memphis- then home again.
I loved the people time. . .and the hours of empty space, time to read and write and think; someday I'll repeat the trip.
The first morning  the train rumbled along and I read Psalm 71.
 I thought about gray hair and worthy pursuits, I wrote verse 18 in my journal and prayed the truth  for today and tomorrow and all the remaining days.

So-even to old age and gray hairs, God, do not forsake me, 
until I proclaim your might to another generation, your power to all those to come

then I could'nt wait to get there-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how your focus is Christ and proclaiming Him to your beautiful grandchildren (and other children along the way too!) It is my dream to be a godly older lady...
Courtney