Saturday, February 2, 2013

My mother collected bells-I can imagine the assortment arranged on her school desk.
Mom liked to say that she taught kindergarten for a hundred years. . .

A few years ago, I chose a bell from her collection, brass and distinctly engraved, with a tiny clapper.
Landis loves to hold the brass bell -he shakes it so gently. 
So, the other day my sweet grandson came to visit, and in the bathroom all by himself, he called,
"Gran, could you bring me Gigi's bell?"
Sure, and I set the bell on the sink where he pointed.
"Why do you want it?" I inquired.
"I'll ring the bell when I'm done. . . ." he called back.
hmmm, a new use for an old brass bell- my mother would love it.



7 comments:

menewton said...

haha! this is so cute! i can hear Landis yelling to you with his very loud voice. i wonder what kind of boy he will grow up to be???

and keep that bell around...so i can use it for breakfast when i come home to visit.

Anonymous said...

That is hysterical!! I so wish we could have met Landis on our trip.
Maybe next time.
Courtney

Unknown said...

What a cutie! It's hard to imagine home talking!!! He was just a babe when we left!!

Unknown said...

*him talking. Oops. Haha

Anonymous said...

:)

Donna

godnov said...

So hilarious! I may have to try this with Titus... A tinkling bell sounds a bit more fun than screaming from the other end if the house! :)

Molly and Eddie said...

Yes, I think grandma would approve.
:-)