Monday, January 28, 2013

Layering

I love the delicate design on this little cup--a birthday gift from my friend.
So-the other day I glanced at the wrinkles and sags reflected in the mirror and thought, Ahh, change!
Then again,  my life is layered with texture-and I like the layers.

I finish a baby sweater so that I can start knitting a tiny hat. . .
and I finish the last stitches on one little quilt so that I can begin to piece a new one.
I reread the mountain of holiday correspondence on my desk so that I can respond, one by one.
I'm re-learning to throw and catch a football  and I'm learning to maneuver my ipad.

And there are books to finish and good things to record in a worn journal-and new books waiting,
books layered on the coffee table:

This Momentary Marriage ( Piper)
                Life Together (Bonhoeffer)
                         In the Land of Blue Burkas . . .I peek into the pages, a new journal on hand-

 There are pencil checks, layered beside the Psalms in my old Bible-I turn to the beginning. . .
And there are dear relationships. . . new ones and enduring ones layer to the front of my days.
And it's good. . .because-
I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a god work in me will perfect it 
until the day of Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your perspective on life!! You are such an encouragement and Godly example to those around you! You are an amazing lady!! Thank you so much for the sweet sweet card!! We just received it. It was so good to hear from you!! I had every intention of sending you a reply LAST year....well, I guess that didn't I as planned. Oops! :0). I really must be better about keeping in touch! I do keep up with your blog and I have actually started my own!! Just a little place to put funny things the girls say or little things that I feel like sharing. :0). Here is the address http://chaosandadventure.blogspot.com