Tuesday, January 15, 2013

reflections-2013

During my December visit to New York, I spent two nights with my friend, Lucinda.
our girls, Kate and Abigail, smiled. . .You're having a sleep over! (indeed.)
I slept in the sink room and Lucinda brought up toast and tea on a tray the first morning.
Then I bounded out of bed and washed my face in the little sink.
Breakfast in bed can't compare with breakfast table conversation with a dear friend.


So, the second evening we sat by the fire with tea, old books, knitting projects-
We talked about our many children and grandchildren, about changes on the horizon 
for our husbands. . .changes for Lucinda and me-the unknown.
 I told my friend that in 2013 I want to trust God with his mysteries . . .
to rest in the Lord, not always trying to figure out "the why".

O Lord, my heart is not proud, nor my eyes haughty;
Nor do I involve myself in great matters,
Or in things too difficult for me.
Surely I have composed and quieted my soul;
like a weaned child rests against his mother,
My soul is like a weaned child within me. . . (Ps 131)

. . . a worthy pursuit for 2013, a desire shared with a friend-and with you!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Sounds like time well spent....Love the photo and your new blog banner.

Rachel said...

what a sweet little room....for my dear, sweet Mom!

Happy Birthday from the north.