Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Mondays and every day

Last week I rolled out of bed before dawn-unusual for me on a Monday.
Sundays are busy, so Mondays should be slow and easy, I tell myself.
 John rode off to school on his bicycle in a shard of light
 and I locked the door behind us -
I thought about my groaning flesh (the resistance)
and I remembered my opportunity to give a hand. . .

Recently I heard about the life of  Queen Margaret of Scotland (1047-1093)
She lived in a spirit of inward poverty, loved others selflessly, compassionately-
And after her death, it was said of Queen Margaret,
She died every day she lived 

So-I'm thinking about Queen Margaret. . .and me
thinking about how it looks to die to myself on Mondays
and every day
(because "He loved me and delivered himself up for me")



2 comments:

Denise said...

Thank you, Darcie. I needed this encouragement to not sit back on my laurels, but to die every day I live. We need to coffee soon! :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.