Tuesday, November 27, 2012

sweeping out doubt

Routine house cleaning is a good thing.
And today I'm doing some house cleaning on the inside- 
sweeping out doubt-in my heart.

Heart. . .Do you truly believe that God is sovereign over all things?. . .and that He satisfies you with good?

. . .and do you really believe that as high as the heavens are above the earth so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him?

. . .and do you believe that He hears your cries, that He will strengthen your heart and incline his ear-really?

. . .and do you  desire the glory of God and the advancement of His kingdom above all things?
(or Heart, do you desire a piece of the kingdom for yourself?)

And when my heart answers No! or Maybe! (or Yes to that last one!). . .
I'm hopeful still, since the Gospel of Jesus Christ is powerful to confirm truth in my heart-and yours.

Return to your rest, O my soul, for the Lord has dealt bountiful with you (Psalm 116)

1 comment:

Denise said...

Thank you, Darcie. I am always so encouraged by your transparency and how you write so clearly about the same things I am wrestling with in my own heart.