Tuesday, September 4, 2012

meal fit for a king

A girl is never too old to learn a new skill-after all, I was a grandmother before I learned to knit. . .
however, I think a girl should be about 4 when she learns the art of making tortillas by hand, just like Selma.
30 years ago my little girls played with  masa, patted out tiny corn  tortillas, cooked and ate. . .under Felicites' expert tutelage.
Sunday after the church meeting Felicites  invited us to her home for a meal.  I'm certain she spent all Saturday preparing it.
And that afternoon we sat down to large plates of  moli and chicken, beans, rice, fresh tortillas-a meal fit for a king.
"mmmm, the moli I remember!" exclaimed Naomi. "Felicites," she continued, "I think that one day you will be asked to make the moli for the great marriage supper of the Lamb!"
Indeed

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love the smiles in this picture.